Saturday, March 12, 2016

Saturday morning coffee

Buying the newspaper and going for coffee is my Saturday morning routine. So where to head today? Ah Teng's, lah! Why wouldn't I have coffee and a croissant at Raffles if I could?


That's me on the balcony outside my room. Yeah nah. I stay at the YWCA. 

Next stop, the National Library of Singapore. The new building is just along the road from Raffles.

Special exhibition of items from the special collections.

This is the old building where I used to work. It has been pulled down

This made me laugh. So different from the reality. at the Queenstown Branch Library where I worked, our only catalogue was the drawers of cards, and dog-eared dirty things they were, manually typed and cyclostyled on soft paper. 

Short ride on the ever-efficient MRT back to Chinatown for lunch (did I mention laksa already?)

View of Pagoda Street from MRT entrance 

No comments:

Post a Comment