Sunday, January 12, 2020

Vannes

Sunrise is after 8:00am - today a busy start to the day. I have never heard a plane since I have been here so it's kind of surprising there's so much action going on up there up there.

So just a few photos of the medieval town centre in Vannes. It's a pleasure to get around the pedestrianised streets. 


This is Vannes and His Wife, keeping an eye on 
what's going on. 


I keep being attracted to walled towns.
My walk into Vannes is down through a park, across the stone bridge and through a gate in the walls.

The original town hall, no longer used as such, replaced by an eye-sore of a more modern building up the road. There's a brass monkey on the lion's plinth. It's a gift from a twinned town and has real character. 

This is a primary school opposite the town hall. 

And this home is right over the road from my studio apartment which is in a 70s style block. I really love the way the stone gatehouse has been renovated.
Major house envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment